Try serving with fettuccine with chicken mushroom and arugula or jerk chicken.
Asian Pear Salad with Honey-Balsamic Vinaigrette
Recipe by Kelly
Pictures by Caroline
Asian Pear Salad
1 bag mixed greens
1/2 cup lightly toasted pecans or walnuts
2 Asian pears, thinly sliced
1/4 cup crumbled blue or orgonzola cheese
- Lightly toast pecans or walnuts by sauteing on low heat just until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, toss mixed greens.
- Add pears, nuts, and cheese.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the top (to taste- just do so gradually so you don't end up with salad soup) and toss to coat.
1/4 cup olive oil2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey1/4 teaspoon salt
dash pepper1 tablespoon water
- In a salad dressing cup or mason jar with lid, mix all ingredients.
- Shake well to combine. Serve.