Friday, September 18, 2009

Roasted Vegetable Salad with Goat Cheese

I made this salad about a week ago for a family gathering, and I was very worried about it. I was worried that the lemon was going to be too strong, that it might be too oily, or that the overall combination might be too mild. I had taken another recipe and added a few more flavors and vegetables, left out a few ingriedents, and this is what I came up with - which I admit turned out to be quite tasty. The combination of flavors is unique and although it might be surprising to find roasted vegetables on a green salad, it is good, at least that is what the family told me, and they wouldn't lie, right?

Roasted Vegetable Salad with Goat Cheese
Recipe and pictures by Caroline

2 red, yellow, or green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 banana pepper, seeded and cut into ½-inch pieces
4 tablespoons olive oil
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
1 bunch green leaf lettuce
½ to 1 cup crumbled goat cheese

1. Preheat the broiler. In a large bowl, toss vegetables with 3 tablespoons olive oil and rosemary; season generously with salt and pepper. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil; broil, turning vegetables halfway through, until tender and browned, about 15 minutes. Watch closely as they can easily burn. Let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together remaining tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, and oregano; season with salt and pepper. Add roasted vegetables and arugula; toss well. Serve sprinkled with goat cheese.

1 comment:

Nikki Tj Kale and Jace said...

It was a little soggy when I made it. Maybe I roasted my veggies too long.
Nik

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...