Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Recipe adapted from Ginny Miller
Pictures by Kelly
Makes 2 loaves
2 cups zucchini, grated
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted*
3/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar, oil, melted chocolate and vanilla. Add applesauce and beat until creamy.
- Add zucchini and stir together.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Add to zucchini mixture and stir until incorporated. Add chocolate chips.
- Divide mixture evenly between to loaf pans. Bake 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack.