Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mrs. Fields Cookies

Before beginning this guest post, I feel that Kelly and I have some explaining to do. We have been huge blogging slackers, and we must apologize. We haven't forgotten you, and hope that you haven't forgotten us. Between a nearly over pregnancy (with an ever expanding waistline), the end of a teaching semester for both of us, and Kelly packing up house and home to move across the country, things have been a bit hectic for the two of us. To help with with our lack of cooking, we have solicited the help of some of our faithful commenter's to participate in our "guest post" program. There are no real benefits to this, just the sheer knowledge that you are helping us, the Two Little Chefs. 

So without further ado, let me introduce our first (well second actually) guest post. This is from Jessie and Chris who comment on our blog frequently. Both Jessie and Chris like to cook, try new food, and Chris happens to be an excellent photographer (Christian Lewis Photography). (If you would like to participate in our "guest post" program we would be glad to have you, just shoot us an email.) Below is what they have to say about this tasty looking cookie recipe.


"I was delighted when Caroline asked me to be a guest blogger on Two Little Chefs. I have enjoyed trying the new-to-me recipes. Also, I appreciate the practical tips. However, when I thought about what recipes I could share, I quickly realized that my current favorites nearly all come from Two Little Chefs! Chicken Milano, Spinach Tortellini Salad, Linguine with Shrimp Scampi, and Sweet Barbacoa Pork Salad are all now regulars at our house."


"I'll start with my favorite cookie recipe; it has been my family's standard for years. Later, I'll post a couple of recipes that call for ham. After your Easter feast, you can use some of your leftovers to make ham fried rice or Cranberry Bean Chowder."

"I have tried a number of cookie recipes, including several from Two Little Chefs. There are many tasty varieties, but this is the one to which I repeatedly return. I know I will have the ingredients on hand. I know it will make a delightful cookie. I know it will satisfy my sweet tooth."


"This recipe makes several dozen cookies. It also requires a sizeable mixer (my Kitchen Aid 5qt is barely large enough). I usually freeze at least half of the dough for use at a later date. Alternatively, you could halve the recipe."


Mrs. Fields Cookies
Recipe from Cucumber Sandwiches and Other Fine Foods
Pictures by Chris Lewis

2 cups real butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
2 t. vanilla
1 t. salt
2 t. baking soda
2 t. baking powder
4 cups white flour
5 cups rolled oats
24 ounces chocolate chips

1. Cream sugars and butter. Add eggs and beat well. Add salt, powder, soda, and vanilla. Mix well. Mix in flour and oats, alternating each cup. Add chocolate chips.
2. Put on greased cookie sheet. Bake 6-7 minutes at 375 degrees. Let cool before removing. Yields 75-100 cookies.

*As Jessie pointed out in her comments you can freeze the dough, and bake it later; another option would be to bake all the cookies and freeze them for another day. Unless of course you imagine that you will be eating this many cookies in the next few days!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...