Friday, November 18, 2011

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Lately my husband and I, and even my baby, having been enjoying sweet potatoes prepared in different ways. I came across a recipe for sweet potato fries, which I had never tried, but thought sounded good. So I decided to try them alongside one of my hamburgers.


At first I was a wee bit disappointed with the results of these oven fries as they weren't crispy at all, even though the flavor was what I had hoped. Fortunately I had told Kelly what I was making that night and then told her the results; so under the direction of her great wisdom, I decided to revamp the recipe slightly and rename them Roasted Sweet Potatoes and once again I was happy with the results.


So go out in this lovely fall weather, get a bag of sweet potatoes and go crazy. And for even more sweet potato goodness try more of our other sweet potato recipes, just search under the label "sweet potatoes". My personal favorites: Sweet Potatoes with Spiced Black Beans and Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes.




Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Recipe and Pictures by Caroline

2 large sweet potatoes, skin on, well scrubbed
1 1/4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp dried oregano
1/2 tbsp dried rosemary

1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut the potatoes into wedges 1/4-inch thick.
2. Meanwhile, mix the oil, salt, pepper, oregano, and rosemary in a medium sized bowl. Add the potatoes and stir to coat.
3. Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil. Place the sweet potatoes on the cookie sheet and spread out giving each potato wedge as much room as possible. Bake for 30 minutes until wedges start becoming golden. The last 5 minutes turn to oven to broil to give an the outsides a bit more texture. Serve warm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...