Recipe from Ellie Krieger
Picture by Caroline
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 pound white flaky fish fillet, like tilapia or halibut
1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt (*or Greek yogurt)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons chipotle pepper, in adobo sauce
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage or lettuce
1/2 cup corn kernels (thawed if frozen)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Pour over the fish fillets and let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Put the yogurt into a strainer lined with apaper towel and place over a bowl to drain and thicken for 20 minutes (*You can skip this step by using Greek yogurt which is already thicker than standard yogurt).
- Remove the fish from the marinade and grill on a preheated grill or nonstick grill pan over a medium-high heat until cooked thorough, about 3 minutes per side. Set the fish aside on a plate for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the thickened yogurt, mayonnaise, and chipotle pepper.
- Heat the tortillas on the grill or grill pan for 30 seconds on each side.
- Flake the fish with a fork. Top each tortilla with 1 tablespoon of the chipotle cream. Top with fish, cabbage, corn and cilantro and serve with lime wedges.