Friday, January 8, 2010

Sauteed Kale

Some days I look in the fridge and just can't stand the thought of another green salad accompanying my dinner. I really like salad, but I don't always have the time, imagination, or fresh produce on hand to create something good tasting. So here's the solution: sauteed kale, a quick and easy way to still get your greens. And kale is ridiculously good for you. It's loaded with vitamins C and K, beta carotene, and antioxidants. And it tastes good, too.


Sauteed Kale

Recipe by Kelly
Pictures by Caroline

1 bunch kale, cut into strips
2-4 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
  1. Wash and trim kale, removing thick stems. Chop coarsely and set aside (I rolled my kale and then sliced it in order to get nice thin strips).
  2. Heat oil on medium high heat in a large saute pan. Add garlic and cook for one minute.
  3. Add kale and stir to combine. Cook 3 minutes, or until kale just begins to wilt. Season with salt and pepper and serve.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

That sounds good. I often prepare spinach this way. I'll have to try the kale.

Today, on a whim (and an empty stomach), I purchased a 65 ounce bottle of marinated artichoke hearts. Any suggestions?

two little chefs said...

Here's a suggestion for the artichokes:

http://twolittlechefs.blogspot.com/2009/11/turkey-and-artichoke-stuffed-shells.html.

Let us know if you come up with something grand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...