Friday, February 5, 2010

Sweet Country Cornbread

Sweet delicious cornbread. Yum. I once made a pan of this goodness and ate it all myself. It's sumptuous. Delectable. My husband suggests that Caroline and I may be a little too fond of cornbread ("going overboard" were his exact words), but I don't care. It's good and I'm going to rave about it and he'll just have to listen to my ramblings.


Try serving with our vegetarian black bean chili or the garden chicken soup. Or just make it because it tastes oh so good.

Sweet Country Cornbread
Recipe from www.bettycrocker.com
Picture by Caroline

1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg
1 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of 8 x 8 inch square pan.
  2. Beat milk, butter and egg in a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients all at once, just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Pour batter into pan.
  3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...