Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Guacamole (The Best Guacamole)

Yes, this is a guacamole recipe. And yes, I imagine you already have a guacamole recipe. But if you don't have this one, you are missing out. Kelly and I made this recipe together and had to stop ourselves from eating all of it because we had made it to serve it st her going away party that evening. I was able to sneak a little more at the party before it was gone, but it went fast. The combination of flavors is perfect. The addition of the tomatoes gives it a little more texture, and if you are like me you like a little texture to your guacamole. (I prefer chunky guac to smooth guac.)

Seriously I should have posted this one in time for Cinco de Mayo, but as I actually had my baby that day, it just didn't happen. But it is still May, so whip up a batch of this, get a pinata, and have a party!

Guacamole
Recipe from Ina Garten
Pictures by Caroline

Ingredients
4 ripe Haas avocados
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
8 dashes hot pepper sauce (optional; we left it out)
1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 medium tomato, seeded, and small-diced

Directions
Cut the avocados in 1/2, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of their shells into a large bowl. (I use my hands.) Immediately add the lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss well. Using a sharp knife, slice through the avocados in the bowl until they are finely diced. Add the tomatoes. Mix well and taste for salt and pepper.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Wow. Makes me wish I had all the ingredients on hand. I'd love to whip up a batch right now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...