Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Recipe adapted from Giada at Home by Giada de Laurentiis
Picture by Kelly
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup
1/2 packed cup light brown sugar
1 egg, room temperature, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup jam of your choice (blackberry, strawberry, or raspberry)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sieve together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the butter, peanut butter, 3/4 cup of sugar, and light brown sugar together, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until blended. Gradually add the flour mixture until incorporated.
- Put the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar in a small bowl. Form the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the sugar. Arrange balls of dough, evenly apart, on each baking sheet. Using the thin end of a wooden spoon, make a hole in the center of each ball of dough, about halfway into the ball.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes until the dough has spread and the surface of the cookies are crackled. Remove cookies from oven and spoon in small dollop of jam into the hole. Return cookies to oven and bake another 1-2 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool.