I'm finally back! Yes this is Caroline, I have been such a huge twolittlechef slacker (sorry Kelly). I had a big family reunion, followed by another family reunion in that large nation just north of us, and then I returned home, packed up house and home and moved to my first real home. Meaning, my husband and I are no longer renters, but are homeowners. Needless to say, the last 6-8 weeks have been busy!
So here I finally return with an easy meal that is surprisingly good. In fact I decided to classify it under a Super Simple label. Yes, it does have move than 4 or 5 ingredients, but it really is a delicious meal for a novice and it is healthy.
Sweet & Spicy Chicken
Recipe adapted from Family Circle
Pictures by Caroline
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
2 skinless chicken breasts, sliced ½” thick
1 cup rice
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey and mustard. Place the sliced chicken the in sauce and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place prepared chicken in the baking dish and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice according to package directions, substituting the chicken broth for the water. Stir in the peas, salt, and pepper during the last 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken over the rice with the cooked juices.