Friday, August 5, 2011

Kelly's Summer Favorites

I'm totally cheating on this post. I had every intention of making something this evening, but the world conspired against me. I got home late from work, had some drama with an apartment we were hoping to rent, couldn't breathe for the life of me (this humidity brings back the ghost of childhood asthma), had some last-minute errands to run before leaving for the weekend, gave the hubby a haircut, and then realized it was far too late, and far too dark in my apartment, to make anything. So instead, I'm going to remind you of a few of my summer favorites.

The best guacamole you've ever had. If you haven't made it yet, I don't know what you're waiting for.
Creole Chicken with Corn-Avacado Relish. Sophisticated. Fresh. Grilled. Need I say more?
Caroline's Burgers. I know we just barely posted these, but what's summer without a good burger? 
Tabbouleh. A little exotic, extremely good-tasting.
Mango Lime Fool. My pictures don't do this stuff justice. You're a fool if you don't try it. (ha!)
Fruit Slump. Delightfully versatile- almost any fruit you happen to have will do.  

In the meantime, I'll be at the beach, thinking of all of you and the tasty things you're whipping up in your kitchens, envying the fact that you have a kitchen, but really being perfectly content to listen to the waves crash by my feet.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Wish we were at the beach with you enjoying a burger, some guac, and a lime fool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...